Small business owners know the importance of making do with what you have. That means limited resources, limited time, limited staff, and a seemingly unlimited supply of problems to deal with. So productivity is essential. Small businesses must maximize every working hour and dollar they have to accomplish their goals. Here are some popular tools that can help you make your business more productive.
1. G Suite Google’s suite of business tools is packed full of features. For the insanely low price of five-dollars a month, you can handle things that it would take six other software subscriptions to do separately. That includes domain transactions, creating and managing custom email clients, designing, launching, and analyzing marketing campaigns, collaborating on projects, sharing calendars, and diving into important site analytics. G Suite packs a massive amount of functionality into a relatively small package and has multiple ways of boosting your productivity—the return on investment is amazing. (https://gsuite.google.com/)
2. Slack Slack is the tech industry’s go-to chat platform, and that’s not because it looks pretty (although it does). Slack just does the things you need a business chat system to do, and does them well. That means seamless file sharing, either via direct messaging or group sharing, reliable connectivity, and tons of tools to help you collaborate on projects. You can count on Slack to log your messages for later reference or set it up to delete them if confidentiality is an issue. ( https://slack.com/)
3. Telzio While it’s a little crazy that people are even using landline phone systems in 2018, it’s still a necessity for many offices. But not only is setting up the routing for an office phone structure costly and time-consuming; the system itself is likely to be inefficient and outdated. Telzio solves this problem with an Internet-based call system that lets you route and manage calls and voicemails across your system, even remotely. (https://telzio.com/)
4. SalesLoft For business-to-business sales, few software packages will boost your productivity more than SalesLoft. Well suited for a small sales staff, the software maximizes the efficacy of each individual salesperson with features including a built-in dialer, unique email features designed specifically for sales, and tools targeted and retaining customers. (https://salesloft.com/)
5. Trello This team and task management system is rapidly gaining new acolytes, who love its eye-friendly interface and collaboration tools. It’s a straightforward platform that you can easily customize to your liking, but the functionality is remarkably deep, allowing you to set up a bevy of different unique boards and cards, with notifications and reminders to match. It’s also very affordable! (https://trello.com/)
6. Intercom Interacting with customers is a big part of keeping your business productive, whether you’re pursuing and developing leads or remedying customer service issues. Intercom is a platform that simplifies customer relations. You can set up live chat to help customers reach you with concerns or questions, or answer those questions ahead of time with educational resources. Intercom fixes a lot of common inefficiencies in customer communication. (https://www.intercom.com/)
7. Hootsuite Social media is a necessity for marketing your business today, but it can be a tremendous time suck. If you’re spending a lot of time copying and pasting text from one platform to another, or you just aren’t seeing results from your social media promotion efforts, HootSuite can help. It lets you manage all the major social media platforms from one place, and has a selection of tools for analyzing your social media output and the response it’s receiving. (https://hootsuite.com/)
Conclusion Technology can help small businesses grow in a way that was never possible before. If your business is chafing at its limitations, you can dramatically increase productivity and capitalize on opportunities by using the tools above.
Thank you for reading! Comments are welcome. -- Anne Albright